Level Designer (filled)
Toast VR is looking for a level designer. The ideal candidate will be able to create exciting levels from conception through to game release within a VR title. You will have strong problem-solving skills and are able to create and propose solutions to design problems while adhering to the spirit of the game.
- Take ownership of levels from conception through to game release, Pushing for quality while adhering to the core vision of the game.
- Review and critique level designs of your co-workers.
- Create Exciting level block-outs using the given mechanics and frameworks set by the lead.
- Collaborate with Artists and developers to create exciting, innovative, and engaging levels.
- Understand all aspects of level design, Including game flow, pacing, game balance/difficulty, and signposting.
- Document level designs and elements and work with the team to implement, refine, and carry through to the final product
- Take on feedback from playtests, co-workers, and leads to improve
- Review, tweak, and balance gameplay to deliver a quality experience.
- Problem-Solving skills, create and propose solutions to design problems while adhering to the spirit of the game.
- 2+ years’ experience, or 1 or more shipped titles working in a 3d level design capacity.
- You understand the trends of video games, both past and present.
- A passion for video games, and interest in Virtual Reality
- Great written and verbal communication skills, and works well with other disciplines.
- Knowledge of Unity and its tools
- Ability to work independently and QA your own work
- Able to converse in English
- Excellent time management skills
- An up to date portfolio
- Experience of prototyping in Unity
- Experience Scripting in-game events using either text based, or visual scripting tools.
- Experience in creating Combat or Encounter designs into your games.
The ideal candidate will be able to work in-studio, at our office in Burleigh Heads, Queensland. However, remote work is an option for the right candidate.
Please send your CV and portfolio to email@example.com
About the Company
Our female-led studio has developed one of the best selling VR titles of all time. We intend to leave a life-long positive impression on our players. If you dream of having that effect on people and you have the skills to do it, we're inviting you to join us.